Monday, November 18, 2013

Gone in 60 Seconds or Something Like That

Wow. It's been way too long since I've posted anything. Now I am pretty sure no one cares very much since I probably have about 3 1/2 readers left (if I'm lucky). I'd like to say I've been really busy-which is true, but it's a lousy excuse since I'm not really any busier than I was 6 months ago when I took time to write. The horrible thing is that I'm still cooking, crafting and doing some pretty cool things with some pretty amazing people, and I have no good reason for not keeping up with this.
So, in order to remedy that, I've decided to try to write short blog posts every day for the next month. Even if nobody reads it, at least I know I've done more than just sit around pinning things on my gazillion- not really, more like {insert covering mouth}...72  Pinterest boards.
So here's whatcha get today: homemade Goo Gone plus a cheesy bacon fries recipe. Thankfully, they don't have anything to do with each other except that I made them. Here ya go-


Got home from work and threw together this yummy dinner-


Not only is it delicious, it was super easy. There's not an actual recipe, but here's how I made it.
Bake one bag frozen french fries according to the package directions. While they are baking, cut up six strips of bacon and fry in skillet over medium heat. When cooked to your liking, remove from pan and drain grease. Add a tablespoon of grapeseed oil to pan. Add one bag frozen peppers and onions; cook over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon granulated garlic and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes more. Mix bacon and peppers. Spoon over cooked fries. Sprinkle with 2 cups grated cheese (we used smoked Gouda), and put pan back in oven for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Mangia!

Mary and I had our fries with a little ketchup on the side, and Brian said they were great just the way they were made. Of course, he's always said I was "saucy" which explains the way we like our food!

Now that I'm back on my blog, hopefully I'll pay more attention to keeping up with it. For now, it's time for one more fry and the rest of my Gewürztraminer.

No comments:

Post a Comment