Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tasty Tuesday- Cookie Time & A Winner



I hope many of you enjoyed Sunday's canonization Mass of St. Teresa of Calcutta. EWTN did such a great job covering it, and I was so happy to be able to watch it all! Normally, I would have had to take the time out of whatever Sunday activity I might be doing after Mass, but I got the privilege of attending a Pontifical High Mass held at St. Mary's in Silverton, Saturday evening. I then awoke with my Meniere's acting up, so it worked out wonderfully to be able to rest, watch and pray all Sunday!

Thanks to those of you who commented on my blog and liked the photo of my pocket oratory. Without any further ado, I'm happy to congratulate Maria Holmes as the winner of a pocket oratory as well as a rosary case!

I did a bit of baking yesterday as I owe some great kids cookies. With Cari, David and Mary attending colleges back east, they generally need rides from their local airports to school. This is where some awesome schoolmates come in- and who I made the cookies for (with, of course, a few for my kiddos as well). I did regular chocolate chip as well as a no-sugar chocolate chip which are easily found recipes. I also did a gluten-free lemon poppy seed cookie that was so delicious and really simple! I've decided to share that recipe with you today.

GLUTEN FREE LEMON POPPY SEED COOKIES

1 box gluten free cake mix
2 eggs
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 oz. butter, softened
2 tbsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. poppy seeds

 Preheat oven to 350ยบ Beat cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silpat. Using small scoop, measure out dough onto baking sheets. These spread, so be sure to leave 2" between cookies. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 3-4 minutes before removing from baking sheet and letting completely cool on baking rack. Makes approx. 4 dozen.

Enjoy and have a blessed week!!










No comments:

Post a Comment