Sunday, September 14, 2014

"Fall"ing To Pieces

So I decided this Autumn to start a new project. Since I'm helping mom at On The Stitch, I figured it was time for me to make another quilt. Greenbaum's Quilted Forest has a great way to help those of us who might procrastinate a bit. It's called First Fridays. Joining over 80 other quilters at 8:30 on the first Friday morning in September, I checked in and got my block #1 kit. The teacher- who just happens to be my mom- shared all kinds of pertinent info with us on how to put it together. I decided to buy other fabrics than were suggested just to add my own touch. 

I started the inner square a week ago then finished the whole thing yesterday. After a false starts, I got it finished. Having never done triangles before, I was pretty pleased with the results. You can't really tell, but it's larger than it appears. The pattern said it would finish at 36" but due to my having to fix my mistakes, mine ended up at 33 1/2". I now get to try to figure out what to do to make up for the extra few inches. Oh well, it's all a learning experience!

I also bought another couple of pieces for one of the blocks which I'm starting on as soon as the ivory I need for the middle comes into the store. It's such a fun project that I decided to make another quilt to raffle off for the salle. Pictures to come as soon as it's finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment