Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Middle of the Week Wanderings


Since it's Wednesday, I thought I'd do a bit of wandering. Here are a few paths of thought I've been traipsing down lately.


-Family
Now that I'm working more hours, I've been trying to give my family more opportunities to share in the joys of cooking dinner (read- I need everyone to pitch in & help). Brian and I spent some time a couple weeks ago making bread. I am hoping eventually he may want to become the family bread baker. Even if that doesn't pan out (yes, that was a pun), the time spent together was great!

-Faith
I've been trying to be consistent in my daily prayers lately. I don't know about you, but I find my day goes so much better when I pray before anything else. I like to pray Morning Prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours. There's always a hymn to choose from along with Scripture reading and prayers. It also is great as it has the different feasts listed. That way I have someone everyday to ask to pray for me!

-Fencing
My "official" Salem Fencing Club Instructor photo

I've been teaching "the art & science" of fencing since October 2005. Many things have changed for me, like going from a teaching assistant to Head Instructor (brand new this week). Also, we've changed at our club from standard/dry to focusing on electrical fencing. We've also changed our name from Salem Classical Fencing to Salem Fencing Club in the last 6 months along with a new logo and mission statement. Needless to say, I've been on a pretty big learning curve with all these changes. I am gratefully amazed that I am where I am right now considering I started fencing just so I wouldn't have to do Pilates or some other form of middle-age appropriate exercise!


-Quilting
I wrote a couple days ago about First Fridays at Greenbaum's Quilted Forest and the quilt I've started. I'm excited to share my second finished block- actually #9 in the booklet. I can't wait to see what the October block is going to be! I've already been trying to figure out the other block I'll do next month.

-Cooking
We continue to get terrific things in our Pithcfork & Crow CSA every week. This week we had stuff to make salsa, so I took up the challenge this morning. I made two types- a pico de gallo and salsa verde. Now it's time to go buy a bag of our favorite Juanita's tortilla chips.

Enjoy your middle of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment