Saturday, November 23, 2013

Happy Anniversary, Doctor


Okay, I admit it. I am a Doctor Who fan. Not, mind you, as much as most of my kids, but still, the good Doctor does hold a place in my heart. Tonight marks the 50th anniversary of the show with an anniversary special sure to be amazing- not even counting the fact that the 10th, 11th and the new Doctor will be in it along with Rose and other characters we've come to know (and either love or 
despise depending on if they are good guys or bad).


One of my favorite characters is K-9, a lovable robot dog, originally airing with the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker) and Sarah Jane Smith. The original episodes which "starred" K-9 were super fun to watch, but my favorite was "The School Reunion". This was with Sarah Jane, Rose, Mickey and Doctor #10 (David Tennant). It was the first Doctor Who episode where I cried~ there have been a few more, I admit. 

It's a whole lot easier to choose K-9 as a favorite character than choosing which Doctor I like the best. I have a fondness for #11 (Matt Smith) because a) he's the first Doctor I watched and b) he's just so adorably fun and alien-like. Then, of course, there's #10 (David Tennant). He's just gorgeous to watch in anything he appears (not just as the Doctor, but try watching him in the film, The Decoy Bride or Shakepeare's Much Ado About Nothing, and you'll see what I mean). If we talk about the earlier Doctors, then I have to add Tom Baker to the list. As you can see, it's not an easy choice!

Well, I am looking forward to seeing what the creators of this long-running British television show have come up with for this next season. As always, it should be quite a trip! Happy Anniversary and thanks for letting us be your companions, Doctor, for all of the places you take us to and all the adventures awaiting us there.



No comments:

Post a Comment