Saturday, September 14, 2013

Where have all the little birdies gone?


Have you ever thought what a mama bird must feel seeing her babies fly for the first time? A bird that is common to our yard is the American Robin. I've enjoyed watching these orange breasted birds with a cheerful song as they look for bits and pieces with which to make their nests. I've been feeling quite like one of my feathered friends lately as my nest has gotten a bit emptier the last few weeks. With Cari enjoying the single girl life in her adorable apartment, and both of the boys away at school, our nest only has one little birdie left. 
Mary is still at home, but she is working part time as well as getting ready to start community college in a few weeks. She's been wanting to get car insurance, so she could drive, and that actually happened. Having your kids start to leave home is definitely as hard as anyone has ever said. I've always told my kids that my job as they were growing up was to help them become responsible adults. This is still what I believe, however, no matter how great of choices your kids are making, it's still a bit lonelier in the nest when they start to fly away.
I happened to come across this beautiful prayer a few weeks ago on a blog called The Littlest Way that I wanted to share. It's a mother's prayer to her children's guardian angels. I really believe it's something we moms should all be praying for our kids- no matter where the little birdies are on their life journeys. Take a moment out of your busy schedules today, and pray this for your kids!




I humbly salute ye, O you faithful, heavenly Friends of my children! I give you heartfelt thanks for all the love and goodness you show them. At some future day I shall, with thanks more worthy than I can now give, repay your care for them, and before the whole heavenly court acknowledge their indebtedness to your guidance and protection. Continue to watch over them. Provide for all their needs of body and soul. Pray, likewise, for me and my husband, and my whole family, that we may all one day rejoice in your blessed society.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment