Thursday, May 23, 2013

Oldies but Goodies

It's that time of the month...one more week to go 'till payday and not a lot to choose from in the larder. As I wrote about in my yogurt post, I hate throwing foodstuffs away. This being said, I was able to forage through our freezer and find some leftover baked beans. Knowing I had bacon as well as some ground beef and onions, I dug through my cookbook cupboard to find Once A Month Cooking by Mimi  Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg. I've owned this and have been cooking from it since 1993. When the kids were little, OMC (once a month cooking) was my choice of meal planning. Even though I don't do it very often, I know I can always find recipes to use in it!
Tonight is no exception as I am making "Baked Beans and Hamburger".
It'll be served with my homemade bread and carrot sticks.
Even with all of the recipes available on the Internet (including this blog), don't forgo those cookbooks in your cupboards or on your bookshelves. Sometimes the best recipes are the oldies but goodies! Buon Appetito~ Nanci

No comments:

Post a Comment