- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (3 3/4 cups browned meat)
- 1 1/4 cups onions, finely chopped (3/4 cup sauteed)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 12- gordita size flour tortillas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- Cook the ground beef, and saute onions until the meat is brown, about 15 minutes. Drain the fat. Combine with chili powder, tabasco, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 cup cheese in a 1-quart freezer bag to use when serving. Spoon enough meat mixture and cheese on each tortilla to cover a third of it. Roll tortilla beginning at the filled edge. Place seam side down in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish treated with nonstick spray. When tortillas are completed, combine soup, sour cream, and green chilies to make a sauce; pour over tortillas.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 375ºF oven for 20 to 25 minutes. The last 10 minutes sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.