Friday, October 23, 2009

Grandma Pitalo's Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Bars~ the revised recipe

1/2 cup butter
1/2 peanut butter (smooth or chunky- you choose)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cup unsifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Grandma used Nestle's, but I like Guittard)
1 1/2 cup Reece's Peanut Butter chips (I used Nestle's Chocolate & Peanut Butter Swirl Chips)

Cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, eggs & vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour, salt & baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Stir chips into batter. Spread mixture evenly into greased 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 1" jelly roll pan. Bake at 350F degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan. Cut into bars. Makes 48 cookies.

Grandma said, "I left mine in 20 minutes and the edges were a little too brown. I am sure it was my stove. Ovens vary. I put in 3/4 c. chopped walnuts. Very good. Watch oven."

No comments:

Post a Comment